Reactive Rover is the perfect way to help your reactive dog become more comfortable around other dogs. Our 6-week course is tailored to teach you the body language, management and handling skills needed to help your dog to be social in the right situations. With the help of our experienced trainers, you'll learn how to keep your pup safe and comfortable in any situation. With Reactive Rover, you'll have the confidence and tools to help your pup become the perfect companion.
This program is for reactive dogs and we expect your dog has a history of barking and lunging behaviours. We must also ensure the safety of all partipants - people and canine.
Dog's with a bite / damage history must be assessed before they can attend. As part of the registration you need to complete the survey to the right. If there is a history you will be contacted to discuss this further and if needed to arrange a private session for your suitability assessment.
If you have booked and it becomes apparent that your dog is not suitable, your booking fee will be transferred to private training so you can still receive assistance in helping your dog.
We offer a comprehensive program designed to help you and reactive dog to work together to find the calm. Our program includes:
- 4 Dog Group – Allows you to work around other dogs to get hands on experience.
- Learn how to read body language and signals to help your pup stay calm and relaxed.
- We’ll help you understand why your pup is barking or lunging and teach you how to effectively manage these behaviours.
- Find Calm – teach your pup how to relax in and remain calm in around other dogs and people.
- Manage Environments – learn how to create a safe and comfortable environment for your dog.
- Manage Expectations and Goals – help you set realistic goals for your dog’s behaviour.
- Basic Training – get the basics down first to help your dog learn quickly and effectively.
- Trigger Identification – identify triggers that are causing your dog’s behaviour so that you can begin to work on solutions.
- Environmental Management – create an environment where your dog can thrive.
- Lead Mechanics – learn how to properly lead your dog so that you can help them stay focused and calm.
We’re here to help you and your dog create a stronger bond, build better communication, and increase your dog’s confidence – all while having fun!
Ready to get started? Contact us today and let’s get started on your dog’s journey to calmer walks and experiences of the world they live.
Complete Behaviour Survey